SSMSBoost v3.7 was released:
- NEW: Added support for the latest Release of SSMS 18.2 (15.0.18142.0)
- NEW: Jump between bracket pairs: Press CTRL-SHIFT-DOWN or CTRL-SHIFT-UP when cursor is located on the closing or
opening bracket to navigate to the corresponding pair. In total, you can now use CTRL-SHIFT-DOWN/CTRL-SHIFT-UP
hotkeys to navigate between following pairs:
- Brackets: ( )
- BEGIN / END
- Column name / Value in INSERT settings (also when using INSERT / SELECT variant)
- IMPROVED: UI improvements in advanced Object Search dialog:
- added the possibility to search for columns/parameters of the specific object
Double-click the object in results list to set it as context filter.
- added context menu on the search results with additional options
- improved documentation: https://www.ssmsboost.co...-advanced-objects-search
- IMPROVED: Grid Aggregates control enhancements:
-added "DATALENGTH" aggregate function. It allows to estimate the amount of bytes
contained in Results Grid cells. Note, in some cases on complicated data types, the value shown can refer
to the field datatype declaration and not to the actual value.
-added the possibility to define the "Skip limit" in bytes for columns with big amounts of data. If value of
single cell exceeds specified limit, no aggregate will be calculated for such column.
See Settings->Grid Aggregates.
- IMPROVED: ColumnsSearch, GridAggregates, Advanced Objects Search dialogs have now similar interface (as far as
-similar design/color scheme
-context menu for search results (right-click), with possibility to export data to Excel or comma-separated
list ("Copy as newline", "Copy as comma separated")
- IMPROVED: Recent connections, Recent document dialogs now show full file path on hover and have auto-filter-row for
- IMPROVED: Added the possibility to define the order of sections in the "Connection Switch" combo box control.
You can also hide individual sections, if required. See Settings->Preferred Connections.
- FIXED: Locate/Script object functionality was sometimes failing to recognize objects with complex names (containing
"", reserved words or triggers spelled without schema)
- FIXED: Formatter/Fatal Actions Guard were failing to process sql scripts, utilizing SQL Server support for GRAPHs.
The reason is that native SSMSparser crashes on such scripts. We have added proper handling of the situation.
In worst case, the script will not be formatted/ignored.
- FIXED: It was not possible to activate SSMSBoost on additional PC for same user using the same activation key if
different username casing was used upon log-in.